Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: danray@bluegrass.net, gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: T A TERRY <TATERRY@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:30:41 EST
In a message dated 98-01-16 20:06:12 EST, danray@bluegrass.net writes:

<< Oh, how I wish I could just have my halon extinguisher filled.

 But no, greenhouse this, global warming that.

 To anyone who isn't familiar, halon has been banned in the U.S.

 If you have a halon extinguisher, you can use it, but you can't refill it.

Not true.  I saw new Halon fire extingishers on sale at last years Carlisle
Import swap and the guy at the booth told me that if I had an empty one it
could be refilled....I haven't followed up on this but a zillion computer
rooms in this country are protected with halon systems, so there must be a
way....

It is true that you can't pop into the local hardware store and buy a halon
but .....

Terry