Re: Transmission Leak

To: Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Leak
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:56:06 EST
 Reminds me of the time, while a college student, I earned the money to
support my racing habit by "twisting wrenches" for a local motorcycle
shop. Among other brands, we sold and serviced Nortons
   A very good customer had brought in his Atlas for a engine rebuild.
As he was a good customer and friends with both owners and all the
Mechanics, we took more pains than normal putting the engine back to
gether. Even to the point of lapping the case halves.
  He picked up the bike and rode it for about a week or so, and brought
it back. It seems he had a real problem with the fact the bike did not
leak oil - anywhere. The bottom of the cases were as clean as when we
assembled it. He was extremely worried that the oil was not circulating
and wanted us to fix it! No amout of talking would convince him that this
Norton DID NOT LEAK.
 We ended up taking the engine apart and just reassembling it.
Fortunately, it began to weep a bit of oil between the cases.
 The customer was happy

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget