Is the problem fixed? Hmmmm...and more clutch problems

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Is the problem fixed? Hmmmm...and more clutch problems
From: Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:53:26 -0600 (CST)
Can it be so simple?  Can I have actually fixed my problem?  *knock on wood*

I drove around today, and the problem is apparently fixed.  While letting
the car idle in the garage, I noticed it start to choke out.  This isn't
what had been happening.  It normally would just die out.  I ran to the
front (I was down around the fuel pump), and low and behold, the float bowl
was flooding.

My mind then started racing...Hmmm...it's either flooding or dying due to no
gas...what could this be?  The float is sticking!  Normally when I've taken
the float bowl cover off, I've noticed that the float hinge pin seems to be
off center, and I just normally put it back into place and think no more of
it...besides...where is it going to slide to?  Well....seeing that this is
about the only thing that I could think of that could be wrong, I dug
through my spare SU parts, and found a pin that was a tighter fit.  I put it
back on, and I haven't had any trouble since (*knock on wood again*).
That's so far anyway.

Now, if I can just figure out why this darned clutch keeps leaking down
(read next email).  :\

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB