RE: Re: The 2004 MGG!!! -becoming 'The Answer to Life the Universe and E

To: "Chris Nevard" <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Re: The 2004 MGG!!! -becoming 'The Answer to Life the Universe and Everthing'
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 21:25:21 -0000
On 18/1/98 8:43 pm Chris Nevard said

>You've started something now.....;-)
>
>The 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' was written by the great Douglas
>Adams. Doctor Who TV episodes had many different writers, but not
>Douglas Adams as far as I'm aware.
Ummm, I don't remember Adams doing anything for Dr Who. Hitchhikers is
very different and essential viewing/reading/listening for Americans
wanting to get into English culture. If you like Red Dwarf, you'll love
Hitchhikers.

BTW. Adams is a famous Macintosh user. It has been said that he wouldn't
have written such great books with a PC. :-)

>Getting an MG link in here could be tricky - however Abingdon was
>closed down around the time the series was telecast here in the UK!
Ohh, a bit tenous. I kind of remember an MGB in the first TV series,
though.

>Pleased to be of service . . . it's being so cheerful that keeps me
>going.
Brain the size of a planet and all that...

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk