Re: MG vs VW

To: sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu
Subject: Re: MG vs VW
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 21:17:12 EST
>> As far as the heaters, they worked great when the cars were new.  You
 didn't leave anything plastic near the heater vents or it melted. hat don't
 know).
 And the cooling design works well for me :-) .  The cooling system on a
 VW is actually really intricate, composed of many pieces of metal
 ductwork that serve to direct cooling air where it needs to go.

Sean,

I hope you don't feel that I'm slamming you!  It's just that my neurological
input concerning VW's is a little different than yours. I remember  the engine
on my mom's VW overheating in subfreezing weather while we suffered from near-
frostbite conditions in the passenger compartment.  The mechanics loved the
car-it more than paid there light bill.  It needed twice as many oil stops as
gas stops, and best of all it had a top speed of 58 mph with the wind at its
back going downhill.  Memories of that bug made my B seem like a rocket, even
when it was only running on 2 cylinders.  More importantly, those memories
make my B's reliability seem almost bulletproof. My $.03 worth.

Tom Green