RE: More HP for less $, was aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: "'aramm@concentric.net'" <aramm@concentric.net>,
Subject: RE: More HP for less $, was aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:08:49 -0600
Andy,
Thanks for the input.=20
I'm gonna print this one out and staple it to my Haynes manual!
I guess the consensus is, if I'm not gonna hop up the engine internally, =
then the stock filters and exhaust are fine and going to the aftermarket =
parts won't get me any more gains than doing proper maintenance.
Duh.....
Guess I'll save my money for restoring the suspension and the like, so =
I'll have a nice, original, like the engineers designed it, perfect =
running car, rather than one that has some expensive add-ons and fancy =
Schmancy catalog stuff in lieu of regular tune-ups.=20
Is that the jist of what everyone is trying to tell me? AM I GETTING IT =
Dan
'73 B