Re: paint removal was I found a Magnette!

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU, steveb5815@edgenet.net
Subject: Re: paint removal was I found a Magnette!
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 21:38:31 EST
In a message dated 98-01-19 17:33:05 EST, ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

<< Actually the 80 grit paper that Kevin used was just right. Why it messed
 up his car is beyond me. In order for the paint to stick the metal should
 have a slight "bite" to it and 80 will do it.
 ....Art

Art,

    I hate to disagree with you, but 80 grit is too coarse.  400 grit is the
coarsest paper that I would use prior to applying a paint job.  80 will leave
big gouges that will have to be sanded out later.  At least this has been my
experience.

Tom Green