RE: General MGB questions

To: "'Sean Bartnik'" <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>,
Subject: RE: General MGB questions
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:04:28 -0600
"Knock-off" wire wheels fit onto splines on the axle and are held in =
place by threaded caps Either two-eared three-eared or octagonal, like =
one big lugnut in the center. These are "sided" so that they tighten =
counterclockwise on the left side of the car and clockwise on the right. =
So that normal wheel rotation doesn't cause them to come loose. You =
don't want to tow these in reverse.

Tops are nothing as elaborate as the Germans install, just a frame with =
a fabric top and plastic windows. Early cars, from '65 back I think, =
have tops and frames that you remove from the car completely and stow in =
the trunk when not in use. Later cars have a more conventional, attached =
top. Aftermarket tops are available with zip-out rear windows, =
headliners, different fabric choices and probably glass rear windows, if =
you look around.

All MGB's have roll-up glass windows. Sidescreens are reserved for real =
roadsters ;-)=20

Phil Vanner
'61 Midget