Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: aftermarket air-cleaner assemblies
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:19:42 EST
Guys,
  I only have one thing to say about the whole debate,
 There are some mechanics, and engineers, out there who are a hell of a
lot smarter than I am, but who will tell you the same thing, though in
more "scientific" language.
And those guys aren't shade tree, corner garage mechanics. They build and
race some of the most exotic equipment availible.
 They also write some really good books on the subject.
        "Race Car Engineering and Mechanics"
        "Tuning BL's A series Engine"
        "Engineer To win"
         "The design and tuning of Competiton Engines"
  These are just a very few on the subject. But enough to take up a
couple of evenings.
 If you find, you still subscribe to the idea that improvements on one
side of the intake/exhaust don't necessitate improvements on the other,
be content to run restrictive exhaust, while complaining that the Super
Whatever carb doesn't measure up to the ads. Or that the extractor
headers you hung on an engine with bog stock HS4's has less acceleration
and power than you were let to believe.
  The proof is in the pudding, and I for one will fall out on the side of
the guy's who make a living extracting the last ounce of HP out of an
engine. I sort of figure that they may know what they are doing

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget