Re: Tires - what's the verdict on 195/70s

Subject: Re: Tires - what's the verdict on 195/70s
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 98 21:23:17 -0800
On Mon, 19 Jan 98 20:37:22 UT, "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
asks

>Is anyone running with a tire this size???  Will the rims take this??

The PO of my B mounted HUGE 195/75's on the Dunlop wires. (With the full
wheel arches, it has that TR-6 sort of look.) Since they're virtually
brand new, I remounted them when I replaced the wires.  My guess is that
the wheels can take it. However, when cornering, the tires rub and make
some noise.  Frankly, I find it annoying.  When I can scrounge up the
money to get a new set of tires I will.  It'll be nice to drive with some
peace and quiet. Just my 2 cents.

Joseph
67 B Roadster