Re: Wiper chrome

To: gardner7@pilot.infi.net
Subject: Re: Wiper chrome
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:34:53 EST
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:37:59 +0000 "Scott Gardner"
<gardner7@pilot.infi.net> writes:

>> The thread on wipers reminded me of a question I wanted to ask.
>> My 74B roadster (ex-California) has three black wiper arms.
>> Underneath the black paints seems to be bright chromework, that
>> can be seen at the spots where the black paint has come off.
>>
>> Is there a way to take the paint off and end up with shiny wiper
>> arms?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>Peter,
>       Where the old finish has come off, has it flaked off or worn
>through?  If it's flaked off, then the black is probably paint, and
>you may be able to use a chemical stripper on the arms to remove it.
>If it has simply worn through, it may be an anodized part, in which
>case the underlying finish might not be chrome, and you might not be
>too happy with it once you got all of the black off.
>Scott

They are not chrome underneath and yes, you will be disappointed.
Yous can buy the chrome replacements though if thats your preference
which were standard through 70 or 71

mike robson
69 roadster (chrome wipers)
70 BGT (chrome wipers)
72 roadster (black wipers, stripped and finished in satin acrylic)