Re: Carb problems?

To: bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Carb problems?
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:38:04 -0500
bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net wrote:

> I have a 71B that I drive year around daily here in Florida. Whem I'm
> out running errands I find that, if I stop somewhere for 20-30 minutes
> the car is hard to start and the idle drops off from the normal 800-900
> rpm to 400-500 and sometimes dies completely. After I have driven a few
> blocks, everything returns to normal unless I stop again for a similar
> time period. The problem is worse at higher ambient temperatures, ie in
> the summer. Vapor lock? Float problems? Any suggestions from the list as
> to cause and cure?
>
> Bill Graham

Bill,

Clearly you should move to a more northerly clime.  It's apparent that
Florida temps are the root of the problem.  (For the rest of the list,
Bill and Marianna are long-time members of the MGCCWDCC and recently
became "permanent snowbirds", deserting us in the DC area for year-rouns
top down driving weather in Florida.)

Serves you right!

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/