Re: Carb problems?

To: "Bill Schooler" <schooler@erols.com>, <bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Carb problems?
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 98 09:36:19 -0500
On 1/23/98 4:38 PM so and so  Bill Schooler said. (And I quote)

>bill.marianna.graham@ibm.net wrote:
>>
>> I have a 71B that I drive year around daily here in Florida. Whem I'm
>> out running errands I find that, if I stop somewhere for 20-30 minutes
>> the car is hard to start and the idle drops off from the normal 800-900
>> rpm to 400-500 and sometimes dies completely. After I have driven a few
>> blocks, everything returns to normal unless I stop again for a similar
>> time period. The problem is worse at higher ambient temperatures, ie in
>> the summer. Vapor lock? Float problems? Any suggestions from the list as
>> to cause and cure?

Hopefully all of the above, Sheesh Leave the environs of DC for FL. And
then want an MG to run? Move back where it is cool. You Know these cars
were built in England - when was the last time they saw 80F???

Larry Macy
78 Midget

BTW Sounds like a fuel, carb problem.