Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:57:04 -0500
Hello list! =)

As many of you might remember, a few months ago I decided to make an MGB
site entitled "Safety Fast." I also made the MG Cars Webring, a collection
of sites arranged in a "ring" - all of them dealing with various MG (and
Spridget) cars.

My MGB site has just completed a major facelift, deleting some stuff that
was useless, and cleaning things up a bit. Those of you who have visited
before will find things should be a tad more visually appealing. I decided
to spruce up the page before embarking on my next project, my Ocean Liners
page. Consequently, I am looking for submissions and articles from you all
out there, as well as pictures and anecdotes of your cars.

Second (and most important!) is the success of the MG Cars Webring. We now
are #38 out of 722 automotive webrings on the Internet. Over the past 8
weeks, the Webring server has recorded 3084 people travelling though the
ring system.

The top 10 sites so far are:

1. The British Parts Connection
2. Safety Fast  [ that's me! =) ]
3. British Sportscar Center
4. The MGB Experience
5. Midget Web
6. Rich's MGB Page
7. Sacramento Valley MG Car Club
8. Trevor Boicey's MG Page
9. MG in the Garage
10. Patton's Austin-Healey Sprite - MG Midget Page

So, I'm encouraging all you out there who have MG sites on the net to join
the ring. Not only does it make the ring more popular, and puts us ahead of
all those "other" car rings (my goal is to pass the Porsche webring!), but
it adds visitors (and for those who have commercial sites on the net -
customers) to your site. Best of all, it's free, easy, and totally without
any monetary gain from myself (eg: I don't make any $$$, nor do I have
advertisements on my page).

If you have any questions, email me back in private mail.
BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis