Re: garage heaters

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>, Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: garage heaters
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:24:19 -0500
At 11:45 AM 1/25/98 -0500, Bud Krueger wrote:

>Art,

>      You aren't using this around a car that contains gasoline, are you?

>Bud Krueger

>52TD

This wouldn't be a problem if you were in the room while the propane heater was
on.

Generally, a person would easily be able to detect the LEL(lower explosive
limits)

of gasoline in a room and know that working under these conditions would not be

safe with an open heating element.  I can't say off the top of my head, what ppm

is LEL, but it is quite high;  significant, such that odor would ring a bell in

a person's mind.

Besides, when have you worked on or been around a car, where gas vapors were of
any

significance much less above LEL?

I would not suggest one use this heater while changing their gas tank or
replacing

the sending unit, but I would hope that common sense prevails here.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.