Re: More Assorted MG ?

To: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Subject: Re: More Assorted MG ?
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:35:02 -0800
Williams/MG Guy wrote:

>  Wasn't there supposed to be a difference between OD and non? OD
> shorter as I recall? No difference?

        Yes, there is supposed to be a difference but I could never tell.
Maybe I was looking at 3 non OD drive shafts.

> In a sudden moment of Homer Simpson-ism, I have now realized that this
> conversion will require an OD speedo and cable.

        An easier solution might be a reputable speedo repair shop like
Nisonger's in NY.  Call for particulars but they have some strange
formula for recalibrating your old speedo.  It has to do w/ the number
of turns your cable makes in 1/100 or a mile or 52.something feet.  The
number will be between 9 and 11 and you should measure to the nearest
1/8 revolution.  That is the "other" little number on the face of the
speedo. It will be far easier to go this route than try to find one of
questionable heritage, I think.
--
Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO
'58 Bugeye, '67 BJ 8, '67 MGB V8