Re: MGB conv. windshield replacement

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB conv. windshield replacement
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:42:58 -0600
>Although I've never put a windshield in a B, a friend told me recently to
>use GoJo (yes, the handcleaner) instead of soapy water.  He says it is
>real slippery, will adhere to the rubber, and will evaporate eventually.
>YMMV.

I gotta put in my .02 worth here. I've used KY-Jelly on rubber for years
(glass gaskets, radiator/heater hoses, etc). It is INCREDIBLY slippery, is
water souluble, and is specially formulated to not harm rubber. Besides,
having a tube in my toolbox gets lots of laughter.

Regards,

Alan Lott
GTA, Dept of Rehab and Sp Ed
Auburn University