Re: Running Yet?

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Running Yet?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:27:57 -0500
JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
> which of course doesn't provide any pressure venting it just spreads the
> problem around.

  Well, I look at it this way, possibly incorrect but not yet
disproven.

  As the fuel comes into the float bowls, it displaces air at the
top. This air normally goes out of the vents, making space for the
fuel.

  With the vents short circuited, this air has nowhere to go,
so there will be a pocket of slightly pressurized air at the
top.

  This might push fuel out of the jets, or it also might stop
the level frim rising very high and ever closing the float valve.

  From a simpler level, anything coming in the fuel line has
to come out the jet, and any air trapped in there is going to
stay in there.

>    I have ordered Grose Jets

  Care to elaborate?

> from The Roadster Factory and expect them in a couple of days, then I shall
> start trying again. I have a U joint to keep me busy in the meantime.

  It's an emergency replacement, not a "let's make a nice car" upgrade.
am trying to control cash infusion into this car until I see it running
and can drive around a bit.

>    On the upside though, a compression test came out well.

  I wasn't necessarily looking for exact figures, just gross
problems (like 0 compression!). The warm motor certainly
gives more accurate figures, but I really just wanted to know
if the numbers were close enough to run the car.

  Thanks!

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada