Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 08:47:20 EST
Hi Larry,
  Yes, fixing this in the street is the easy way.  However, with
reference to Mike's post about the questions people raise about
reliability of our MGs, I try to do repairs inside the garage and out of
sight.
  He's right--a muffler falls off a Toyota that costs $20,000 and it's no
big deal. A muffler falls off an MG that cost a fraction of that, has
100,000+ honorable miles on it, and it's "I wouldn't go over 60 miles
from home in one of those."
  Ripley put together an entire book on Believe it or Not.  I believe.
Bob

On Sun, 1 Feb 98 13:00:46 -0500 Larry Macy
<macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> writes:
>On 1/30/98 5:57 PM so and so  ROBERT G. HOWARD said. (And I quote)
>
> Projects include: replacing exhaust hangar on the GT, and putting
>>muffler and its hangars back into some facsimile of what they were
>before
>>they caught on a bump in the driveway;
>
>Wait - if it is in the garage, doesn't the driveway lead to the
>garage?
>Maybe want to fix this in the street?  ;-)
>
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]