Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:27:22 -0500
ROBERT G. HOWARD wrote:
>   He's right--a muffler falls off a Toyota that costs $20,000 and it's no
> big deal. A muffler falls off an MG that cost a fraction of that, has
> 100,000+ honorable miles on it, and it's "I wouldn't go over 60 miles
> from home in one of those."

  Well, there is another side to this that we are all guilty of.

  How many times do we read a post like "I drove my MG from x to
y and only needed to z once!" or "didn't need anything".

  Would anybody think that driving a Toyota from anywhere to just
about anywhere else without trouble would be a feat impressive
enough to warrant a post?

  If our MGs are really that reliable, why do we post these things
with great joy?

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada