Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: What are you doing LBC this weekend?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:27:15 +0000
> Hi Larry,
>   Yes, fixing this in the street is the easy way.  However, with
> reference to Mike's post about the questions people raise about
> reliability of our MGs, I try to do repairs inside the garage and out of
> sight.
>   He's right--a muffler falls off a Toyota that costs $20,000 and it's no
> big deal. A muffler falls off an MG that cost a fraction of that, has
> 100,000+ honorable miles on it, and it's "I wouldn't go over 60 miles
> from home in one of those."
>   Ripley put together an entire book on Believe it or Not.  I believe.
> Bob

I agree with you, but you have to admit, we kind of do it to
ourselves as far as the reputation goes.  Compare this list to a list
dealing with just about ANY non-British car, and it seems like all we
do is talk about problems with our cars and how to correct them.
        Also, how many owners of new cars feel the need to drive around with
spare parts for their cars?  I know several people on this list carry
spare fuel pumps around (at least) , and I think the Moss catalogue
even recommends it!  :)
Scott