MG enthusiast

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG enthusiast
From: Jellyby@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 01:32:12 EST
Hello everyone, I'm new to the list, and to the MG experience, so bear with me
if I sound a bit simple in my questions and responses...

Last week, I was driving by a small car repair shop down the street from my
house, and I noticed a few cars for sale, all of which were classic roadsters.
I stopped to look and fell in love with a '77 MGB.  To make a long story
short, I'm interested in buying it, but have my reservations.  Upon an initial
inspection (without the owner there), I found the engine to be in (apparently)
good condition and the body in similar shape.  The interior is not so good,
though.  While the dash board and such appear tolerable, the seats are, I
believe, replacements (because they are brown and the interior appears to have
been black).  There is no carpeting and there is no finishing in the area
behind the front seats (for a rear seat?)

I've been reading up on the MGs and have an idea of what I'd like to look at
more closely when I go back for another (much anticipated) look, but are there
any good tips out there for me?