Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:09:45 -0800
Robert Allen wrote:

> Richard A. Boris wrote:
>
> > <snip> The sales person told me that there
> > have been problems with the diaphragms being manufactured undersized,
> > thus preventing them from being installed wit the hooks. They are
> > presently back ordering the diaphragms to a new manufacturer. Did anyone
> > on the list have this problem?

        Ok, I've got an idea.  Has anybody ever tried to fit the steel
'springs' that
support the bottoms of most new seats to an MGB seat?  I believe that they
would be
permanent and after replacing the seat foams would provide a better ride.  I
don't
think they'd be too hard to fit either, since they could be removed from any
seat in a
junkyard, and could be cut and bent to custom-fit the bottom of an MGB seat,
probably
making the conversion reversible.  Any thoughts, suggestions?  Anybody see why
this
couldn't work?
--
Michael S. Lishego