Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 22:51:21 -0600
Richard A. Boris wrote:

> <snip> The sales person told me that there
> have been problems with the diaphragms being manufactured undersized,
> thus preventing them from being installed wit the hooks. They are
> presently back ordering the diaphragms to a new manufacturer. Did anyone
> on the list have this problem?

Of all the things I've cussed about on LBC maintenance, I didn't think the seat
diaphrams I
bought from VB were any big deal to install. (Midget U-joints have been the
worst by far.)

I used a drum brake spring extraction tool (the one with the hook on the end)
to stretch the
hook over and vice grips to guide the hog clips into the seat frames.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6