MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 19:00:57 +0100
Hi Everyone:

Need help from the list: I am presently restoring the seats for a
1966/67 MGB Roadster and need the foam kit. I had a conversation with
the Proper MG today about the kit they which includes all the foam,
diaphragm, and seat back stiffener. The sales person told me that there
have been problems with the diaphragms being manufactured undersized,
thus preventing them from being installed wit the hooks. They are
presently back ordering the diaphragms to a new manufacturer. Did anyone
on the list have this problem?, or is it that some technique such as
using a hair dryer to expand the rubber during installation was not
used. Nice of a supplier to tell you of a problem before your order.

                                                        Thanks: Rich Boris, 67
B Roadster