Re: Help, Need games!

To: FunE4MG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help, Need games!
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 98 9:51:33 EST

> What is the most creative and FUN game you've ever encountered at a LBC event?
> This being the 40th year of the San Diego MG club, and I being the the
> activities director, I'm looking for some especially fun things to do at our
> Summer Picnic/ Party.  I'm soliciting your help.

Tom,
At some of the VW shows, one of the more popular games is a "Beetle
Bash" -- a Beetle shell (and I mean shell, no glass, good parts, etc.
left on it) is brought into the show area.  Different logos are painted
on different parts (such as Honda, Ford, etc.).  You then give the
player a large sledgehammer and a pair of safety glasses, and charge
him/her by the swing.

I'm sure you can work out some kind of prize structure.  I wish they
would use a Honda shell instead of a VW shell, but unfortunately they
don't.  The MG guys could use a Miata shell :-)

It is kinda fun though to watch how the sheet metal reacts when you
smash it with a hammer :-)

Sorry, that's the lowbrow fun we have at VW shows :-) .

Also, the rules say that anything that you hit that falls off, you get
to keep :-)
--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia