Re: power brakes

To: wise@db.erau.edu
Subject: Re: power brakes
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 18:41:37 EST
Check the non-return valve in the vacuum line to the brake booster.
Sounds like it;s not completely closing and allowing a vacuum leak, hence
the rise in RPM.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:09:36 -0500 "John A. Wise" <wise@db.erau.edu>
writes:
>Re:  '77 MGB, 190K miles
>
>As I ease off the brake pedal AFTER a stop, I hear what appears to be
>slight hiss.  The sound only appears when the brake pedal is at
>partial
>pressure - e.g., sitting a traffic light.When it is fully applied or
>fully
>of - there is no detectable sound.   It also only apears after the car
>has
>been driven.  When I try to replicate the sound in the garage - so my
>son
>or I can try to localize it - it does not occur.
>
>I have also noticed a slight increase in RPM when I hear the hissing.
>
>The brakes seem to be working fine.
>
>I have replaced the vacumme line.  Will I need to rebuild the booster
>unit.
>If so is that a job a moderately skilled person can handle.  I noted
>in the
>VB catelog that they feel rebuilding a loockheed unit is best left to
>professional.  How does one tell if you have a Bendix or Lockheed
>servo??
>
>Any suggesttions????
>
>John
>

>John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904)
>226-6384
>Department of Human Factors & Systems           Fax: (+1) (904)
>226-7050
>Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail:
>wise@db.erau.edu
>600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
>Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]