Re: MGF ride

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Subject: Re: MGF ride
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:30:56 +1100
At 10:17 am 9/2/98 -0500, John McEwen wrote:
>Hi Kelvin:
>
>I was pleased to see your reference to problems with wet ignition.  If you
>see Phil Rabey you might mention to him that this is what we North
>Americans mean by "keeping to your roots" in our criticism of the MGF.
>It's always reassuring to know that the Lucas components we have grown to
>love and hate maintained their stout British traditions through the
>wastelands of the '80s.
>
>John McEwen

The only Lucas branded components I can find on my MGF are the battery
(although it is made in Japan) and the little gizmo which operates the
ignition mobiliser and burglar alarm (they give you a code to override the
remote if it fails).

It is a pretty cosmopolitan vehicle.  The wheels and alternator are made in
Italy, the horns in France, the ABS and fuel management system are Bosch,
the tyres are British as are the engine and transmission, the headlights
are labelled "made in Japan for Rover Belguim".  So it goes on.

Graham
97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au