Re: OFF TOPIC -- Ancient Purity

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC -- Ancient Purity
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:31:46 -0800 (PST)
I would suggest that an ax is pretty darn near what it was when it was
made of stone.

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Robert Allen wrote:

=%OJohn McEwen wrote:
=%O
=%O> Can anyone suggest other devices in common use which have remained true to
=%O> their first principles since inception.  I would suggest that 50 years
=%O> should be the minimum time consideration.  I don't include the concept as
=%O> the basis but rather the actual mechanism.
=%O
=%OProbably a mousetrap.
=%OCould be the incandesent light bulb.
=%OArguably the women's corset (and they're coming back!)
=%ODefinately the Toilet!
=%O--
=%OBob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II