Re: Hello all!

To: "Charles C. Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com``>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hello all!
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:15:22 -0500
At 10:55 PM 2/10/98 -0800, Charles C. Robinson wrote:

>  I am in need of a front HS-4 carb  carb (AD326F) because the throttle

>butterfy shaft and bushings are worn so badly on the carb I have that I

>can't get the thing set right.  If I can't find a good carb, I'll have

>to buy a shaft and bushings, then find a machine shop to install the

>bushings, not an easy task in a small town.  If anyone can help, drop me

>an email or post on the list pls.

Welcome to the list Charlie,

before you go out and buy a new carb consider having your old set of carbs

rebuilt.  There is a fellow up in Oklahoma that does an excellent job, but

that is from word of mouth, not experience.  I'm sure one of the listers

can give you a name and phone number.

Besides, if you get a new carb and try to put it on the car with the old, carb,

I honestly feel you may have problems trying to balance the carbs.

My reasoning is that one will have nice tight tolerances, while the other will

have vacuum leaks.  While you can adjust each carb individually, I would imagine

there would still be some problems in balance at varying RPMs.

Just a thought.

I'm not sure if you can buy just one single carb.

jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.