Some of the reasons we drive these cars

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Some of the reasons we drive these cars
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:53:31 EST
Tucked away in our subconscience is an idyllic vision.  We see ourselves on a
long trip that spans the continent.  We are traveling by British sports car.
Outside of the car we drink in the passing scenes, friendly people smiling and
waving, cattle grazing on a distant hillside, the unmistakable sound of the
engine purring, the smells that accompany the surroundings, of row upon row of
corn and wheat, of flatland and valleys, of lakes and streams, of roads that
are often forgotten, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and
village halls.

But uppermost in our minds is that final destination, that light at the end of
the tunnel.  On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into our final
destination.  Bands will be playing, flags will be waving.  Once we get there,
so many wonderful dreams will come true, and the pieces of our lives will fit
together like a completed jigsaw puzzle.  How restlessly we spend our time
damning the minutes for loitering - waiting, waiting, waiting for that certain
time to come.

"When we reach our goal, that will be it"  we cry.
"When I turn 18"
"When I get my first car"
"When I buy my dream house"
"When I get my last kid through school"
"When I get that mortgage paid off"
"When I get that promotion"
"When I reach the age of retirement I will live happily ever after"

Sooner or later we must realize there is no final destination, no one place to
arrive at once and for all.  The true joy of life is the trip.  The final
destination is only a dream.  It constantly outdistances us.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto.  So stop pacing, waiting and counting the
miles.  Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more
often, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and certainly drive those
British sports cars more often.  Life must be lived as we go along.  The light
at the end of the tunnel will come soon enough.

Don't forget to enjoy those British cars this Summer and keep'em on the roads
for all to enjoy!!

British Car Week - May 18 - 24

Visit the web site at:  http://members.aol.com/Trmgafun/britishcarweek.html

***This is an adaptation of "The Station", written by Robert Hastings, for the
sole purpose of promoting British Car Week, a non profit endeavor.