Re: Need Seat Belt Receiver Thingy

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Need Seat Belt Receiver Thingy
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:48:49 -0800
Dan,

I'm not sure if this will help or not...

I had to replace the retractable seat belts in my 78 B due to exteme
inoperability (they were broken!).  Rather than fuss with the Rover recall,
I just bought a set of seat belts that were made for the back seat of a Jag
XJ.  They were near identical, but the receiver was slightly
different--causing me to remove the original ones.

If it would work for you, I will be happy to send you the passenger
receiver that I pulled out.  Other than having a faded red button, it
appears to work perfectly.  I don't know if a 1978 receiver will work on a
73 seat belt (I don't even know if the 73 B used inertial reel retractable
belts!)  Maybe someone on the list knows.

At any rate, let me know if you'd like it sent your way.

Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB

----------
> From: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
> To: mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Need Seat Belt Receiver Thingy
> Date: Thursday, February 12, 1998 3:29 PM
>
> Listers:
>     I've attempted to find a driver's side Seat belt receiver thing for
the
> one that's missing on my B via various Parts classifieds and George
> Merryweather, too. I'm sure George will come through eventually for a
real
> MG part, but I thought maybe I could find a suitable temp fix in a Bone
Yard