Re: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice

To: gofastmg@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Off-Topic--Microsoft Bundling Practice
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:21:16 -0500
Heard an interesting take on this last weekend while doing a brake job on
my Sprite. George Will pointed out that conservatives should not be
dismayed over this 'lack of caring' about the prez outside of his
performance as prez. After all, as he pointed out, the Republicans have
spent the last 15 years pounding it into the American people that the
prez's performace in office is all that should matter. Of course, the
'immorality' that the conservatives were trying to sweep under the rug was
of a financial and military nature (e.g., Iran/Contra and other fun times)
rather than a sexual one. I'll take sexual shennanigans over truly sweeping
abuse of office any day. But that's just me.

Safety Fast,
Jeff

PS: George also bad-mouthed public radio and television. Of course, the
program I was listening to was on National Public Radio, so George may have
been having an off day...

>What's scary about the whole "I don't care what he's doing: the economy
>is fine" mindset is that it is a re-statment of the sentiments expressed
>by the Italians upon the rise of Mussolini (He made the trains run on
>time) and the Germans when excusing Hitler (He made Germany a power
>again)
>"Those who refuse to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it" (or
>words to that effect)
>Rick Morrison
>72 MGBGT
>74 Midget