RE: TC Adventures

To: swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au
Subject: RE: TC Adventures
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 00:13:19 +0000
> > John Swanland wrote:
> >
> > > The starter has died and I'm using the hand crank.
> >
> > My God !!! Your strength must be biblical. The crank on my machine is
> > strictly ornamental.
> >
> The novelty is wearing off very quickly, as my arm gets sorer and sorer.
> Starting with the crank is do-able as long as the motor catches quickly.
> I've set the idle very high with the slow running control as I have no
> desire for it to die and traffic and have to do a crank re-start, much to
> the amusement of other commuters!
>
> regards
>
> John Swanland
> Melbourne Australia

John
        I'm with you there.  My wife's motorcycle has both a kick-start AND
an electric push-button start.  I prefer to start it with the kick
lever in my driveway, because it seems to turn the engine faster for
a brief period than the electric starter when the engine is cold, but
when I occasionally stall it at a light, it's a godsend just to be
able to press the button and have it start right back up.
        Scott
P.S.  No, Riqui DOESN'T use the kick-start.  She likes riding a
motorcycle, but isn't ready to go the whole nine yards and kick-start
it on a regular basis yet!