Re: Jingoism at its best

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:21:26 -0600
    Soldiers have been known (my soldiers, in fact) to put up the American
flag upside down, or at least start to until the sergeant stops them. The
ceremony ain't as easy as it may look, and screwing it up is embarrasing due
to the import us military folks place on these things.
    Those of us who have chosen to serve picked a certain branch for one
reason or another. I chose the Army, Scott and Skip chose the Navy, etc.
    The Marines aren't known for their long analysis of situations, erudite
philisophy or really anything else associated with thought. They're action
oriented.
    Someones said put up those flags, they did it!
    But I bet the NCO in charge caught hell and gave it in spades!
    I'm sure no insult was intended.

Dan