MGBGT without power!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGBGT without power!
From: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:57:39 -0800
My 74 1/2  BGT will fire up okay with the choke out but then I have to
rev like crazy to keep it running. When I put it in gear and lift off the
clutch the revs drop and the car just dies. Yesterday I was able to back
it down the drive - no further, and it took me forever to put it back in
the garage. Over the last few weeks it did need to be run a few minutes
when it was cold and then it would run okay. Last week it was dying on me
and I changed the plugs - after that it started and run really well until
yesterday and now it just dies again. I haven't had the time to change
points etc at this time.
Any suggestions as to what I should do first! I'm not good at identifying
problems but can usually follow a manual to fix a problem once
identified.
Regards Padre