Re: Jingoism at its best

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Dear Paul,

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Paul Hunt wrote:

=%OBut do they all play in the World Series?

People from those countries do, but their leagues do not-just as American
Minor League teams do not. I suspect the only teams from those countries
that would be competetive at the Majors level might be some of the Cuban
teams, and that is only because they have a history of being very talented
and we haven't had much contact between them and our major league because
of ancient and stupid politics.

=%OPaulH.
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II