Re: Jingoism at its best

To: peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:26:55 EST
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:01:26 -0800 (PST) "John J. Peloquin"
<peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu> writes:
>Oh booy,
>We yanks are accused of parochialism, but this last statement is a
>doozy:
>On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Phil Raby wrote:
>
>=%OOn 16/2/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said
>=%O
>=%OUmm, a 'World series' for a game that most of the world knows
>nothing
>=%Oabout? ;-)
>
>Venezuela, Cuba, Mexico, Japan, Canada, Taiwan, and a bunch of other
>countries play and love Baseball.

  Yeah, and we wont even get into the Little League World Series. There's
probably as many countries in that is in the "world" cup for soccer.
(assuming any one cares about the world cup)
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]