Re: valve adjustment

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: valve adjustment
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:09:34 EST
Hi Mike,
  It's one of the handiest things to remember--the sum of the (number of
the)  valve you are working on and the (number of the) valve that is
fully open will be nine.
  Adjust valve 1 with 8 fully open (down) = 9.
  This might not work if the firing order were different, but every
four-cylinder I can think of fires 1-3-4-2.
Bob

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:12:25 -0800 Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
writes:
>Robert Allen wrote:
>
>> > One hint... remove the spark plugs and put the car in 4th gear and
>then
>> > push/pull it to close the correct valve for adjustment.
>>
>> Yep. And the Rule of nines.--
>
>What's the rule of nines?  I musta missed that post?
>--
>Michael S. Lishego
>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
>Elementary Education Major,
>English Minor, Class of 1999
>R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]