TDC - How do I determine

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TDC - How do I determine
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:25:37 -0500 (EST)
************************************
While we at this, can anyone describe to me how one determines when a
cylinder is at TDC?  I've been told that to get cylinder #1 at TDC I
should remove the spark plug, insert my hand crank and crank until both
valve 1 & 2 stop moving and the screw driver that I have "carefully"
inserted into the plug hole stops rising.  Is this correct?  At TDC,should
one valve be fully open and one fully closed?  Pardon the question but
I've got to learn somewhere.  Hope it's not too much of a bother.

<snip>

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;