Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Temp and oil pressure
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:35:25 -0500
At 08:10 PM 2/27/98 -0600, Dan Ray wrote:

>Listers:

>My oil pressure hovers around 50 or a little less at idle when warmed up,

>and the Temp needle stays like glue around about 1/4 to 1/8 inch (best way

>to describe it) below the "N"... Others are saying 30 or so on Oil pressure.

>These are ok readings are they not? I'm assuming my thermostat is stock, of

>course.

Just for others reference: my rebuilt MGB engine in my '70 gets around 80 psi

at startup and drops to only 70 psi after warmup and at idle.  I account this

to the tight bearing tolerances as it is difficult to turn my crank.

I figure it will eventually wear away.

50 psi seems a little low after warm up, but I am gauging this from my

engine before being rebuilt. My engine had around 50 psi at idle, and my
bearings

were quite worn.  The copper was visible on all bearing surfaces.

Your water temp seems to be quite nice, although you might be on the cold side
if

you want to use the heater, but don't worry, when it's 90 degrees outside
you'll want your mg to run as cool as possible.

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.