Re: Crappy car manuals

To: "charlie schellinck" <charlie@mars.ark.com>
Subject: Re: Crappy car manuals
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:31:47 -0600
Oh Adam! ouch!
You should qualify your hatred with "modern" or "water-cooled"!
The air-cooled Vdubs are simplicity defined to work on! I never had a
Bentley Manual for my Bug and did great. I'm finding this is not the case
for my B. I'm ordering a Bentley manual post-haste.
Some of us hold a sweet spot for the "Air-cooled's" Older is better in many
regards. We love all LBCs, no good ones were made after '80.
Don't start early on "car racism" until you've experienced a Bug/Ghia or an
early Porsche.
Just my $.02....
Again, all cars are great, don't hate any of them. There are people out
there who would take them all away and have you using Public Trans or
electric "people movers" the rest of your life.
Soap Box/OF mode off.
Dan
'73 B