Stuck pistons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stuck pistons
From: code5 <code5@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:16:45 -0500
Hello again from the Road Salt State--
My pistons are frozen solid. I've managed to get two out using, a chunk
of firewood, some oak drifts and a 6# sledge and only hope I haven't
trashed them (I was careful to limit the impact to the part that holds
the wrist pins, and the top front & rear edges). Are there any other
methods to try? Is a propane torch or heat gun useful? Liquid Wrench,
WD40 etc. don't seem to do much, though the fumes are relaxing.
I'd be grateful for any tips on what to try, or to avoid.
Thanks in advance.
John Vallely (NY)
'59 mga