Re: Battery Venting

To: GDAVIS@ibr6gw80.gp.usbr.gov
Subject: Re: Battery Venting
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 18:21:40 -0800

        This type of setup is common on motorcycles.  There is a little plastic
vent tube much like a windshield washer hose on your non-LBC.  As the
temperatures, pressures, etc., change the battery will breathe.  This
tube usually extends below the frame of the bike so that any acid that
might leak falls to the street, and not onto the frame and thus becomes
one with nature. Pretty neat idea, I think.

Larry Dickstein     Kansas City, MO
'58 Bugeye, '67 BJ 8, '67 MGB V8