Re: oil galleries

To: ninab@scoresheet.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil galleries
From: Littlesuzn <Littlesuzn@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 21:41:14 EST
Nina:
I would remove the plugs for two reasons.
1) after hot tanking the crud has to go somewhere. The easier you make it for
it to leave the block the better chance you have to get it all out. Use gun
cleaning brushes to scrub to insides clean.
2) how long has that plug been in there ? after hot tanking it may--small
chance-- come loose and there goes the oil pressure, and the engine. Remote
chance, yes, but I would prefer the positive seal of a threaded plug over a 20
year old press fit. Considering it may cost you an extra $5 or so, it is cheap
insurance for me at least.
Others may differ but what the hell.

"Midget" 'no progress on the deluxe' Susan