Re: Book Buying

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Book Buying
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 20:24:26 -0400
I don't know what books you were looking at, but any book to do with
the Sprite or Midget came up as hard to find, out of stock or unavailable.
Most of these books are available through MiniMania and Moss, etc.

Places like Amazon drive small businesses out of business. Once the small
speciality shops are driven out by the Walmarts and Amazons you won't be
able to find anything even slightly off the beaten track if the Mega
corporations decide they don't want to stock it and we'll all be driving
Escorts and Camrys.

I'd rather pay a few extra bucks to a small business owner and support
that sort of American spirit of enterprise than to save a few bucks at
Walmart or Amazon.com. I have connections in the publishing world and
they tell me that what they can bring to market and sell is very much
subject to the approval and censorship of these corporations.

That my .02

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget