Re: Transmission Filler Location -- Another question for the

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Filler Location -- Another question for the
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 23:07:33 EST
Dan,
 Try this.  Take a standard hardware store variety of tv antenna stand
off (looks like a I bolt with wood threads). Straighten the loop out
slightly til you have a hook. Screw the threaded end into a short piece
of 1" dowel for a handle.
 Result; one handy-dandy tool for removing the tranny dipstick. Kept in
the tool box with the other "speciality" (ie homemade) tools, it wont
have the annoying habit of dropping through the hole and hanging beside
the transmission. Plus, in the case of a reluctant dipstick, a bit of
leverage can be applied using the side of the access hole.
 "works for me"

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget