The next MG

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The next MG
From: Philip Morgan <padre@billman.kuntrynet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:51:22 -0800
I know this has been a point of some debate previously but.....

Back in the 60's and 70's when I lved in Wales my family had a total of
five minis and an 1100. These cars performed wonderfully in all sorts of
weather. I don't think anyone in family has owned a rear wheel drive car
since the early 60's. This past Monday it was neccesary for me to drive
from the north-east side of Indiana to Chicago and back. A total of 270
miles round trip that took me 23 hours! The weather was appalling - I
know I shouldn't have even been on the road. Using back roads, going
south and then north at various times, and continually yelling at
truckers who simply could not slow down until they ended up in the ditch,
it was finally a case of mission accomplished. There are literally
hundreds of trucks and cars buried in ditches etc. I was lucky to make it
both ways in the time I did - a combination of luck and the trusty "slow
but sure," and a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE minivan. Had I been driving a rear
wheel drive car I would not have made it through. Anyway, for my money,
when the next MG is made available in the States make it FRONT WHEEL
DRIVE for me! If it is rear wheel drive - I'll still be excited, but
probably reluctant to drive it in adverse conditions.

Regards Padre