Re: The next MG

To: "M.P. Trebelhorn" <mpt3265@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: Re: The next MG
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:27:27 -0500
M.P. Trebelhorn wrote:

> *sensibly driven*  RWD cars can do a lot more than you
> give credit for

Right on.  I currently live near Utica (average over 10 feet per year) after
several
years in Newburgh (~70 inches per year) and would never consider a front drive.
 The
only vehicle I've been in that did a 360 in the snow on the interstate was a
friends
FWD and I'll tell you why.  Most drivers of FWD will place the better tires on
the
front.  This is asking for trouble.  You may get going, but the rear end is
going to
break loose first and you'll be facing the wrong way rather quickly.  This is
why
ever since FWD became popular companies have been advising that if you use
snows get
4 of them.

Chris
87 XR4Ti (winter car)