Re: The next MG

To: padre@billman.kuntrynet.com
Subject: Re: The next MG
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:31:35 EST
I think the most supprised look I've ever recieved was while driving my
Midget in the snow.
 I had started on a business trip to see a customer in Bristol TN from
Greenville SC. When I left the office, I actually considered putting the
top down, it being such a nice day, but earlier weather reports declared
against it.
 I ran into the beginings of snow flurries just outside of Asheville NC,
but decided to "press on" (at least until the Midget started getting
dicey, at which time I would go back home with no guilt feelings).
 The Midget did just fine, never causing me a moments problem.
 At one point I was climbing a fairly steep grade, and by this time there
was about 2 inches of the white stuff on the roads. The highway was a
wide 4 lane so finding a "clear" path wasnt a problem. While motoring in
the left lane, I came upon a Jeep CJ in the right lane having all sorts
of problems: 4 tires spitting snow and the driver obviously working very
hard to keep it moving. I stayed in my lane and passed the Jeep.
 All I could see of the passengers was 3 sets of very wide eyes watching
a "damn furrin sports car" motoring on with now trouble.  I also think I
heard some language that my mother never taught me.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget